More than 60 years of quality
SCHMIDT’s success story began in 1950 when Arthur Schmidt started his business making traditional furniture. In 1975 his son, Josef Schmidt, took over the company. He focused on the production of uPVC frames, specializing more and more in the manufacture of specialised building components.
SCHMIDT began focusing on the production of lift sliding doors from 1976. The development of its own special frame system in 1990 proved a prominent milestone in the firm’s history. This was one of the many innovative ideas which have made SCHMIDT one of Europe’s prominent specialists in the current market for lift sliding doors.
And throughout all those years we have remained loyal to not only our roots, but also our principles, namely the manufacture of quality products based closely on our clients’ wishes. This is possible thanks to the use of state-of-the-art production technologies and testing machines, but also due to the skill and commitment of our experienced staff.